Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday 23/01/2012


Andy and Mick set up a Kenwood TS-2000e for us to have a play with. Most members present agree that this is the best all round rig for training and club use that our budget could stretch too.  I will work with Derek to purchase one of these and a power supply this week. We should then have a station on Monday nights.







I put my old valve receiver on the big antenna at the scout hall and was happy with the results. Lots more stations were received and much stronger signals. I must get a better antenna at home.

Chris lent me his DVAP Dstar access point for a week and he showed me how to set it up.





On our way home Chris, Martin and I normally chat on GB3NS if it’s not busy. If it’s busy look out for us on GB3LW or GB3AU around 23:00

No comments:

Post a Comment